By now I bet your home is sparkling and your probably a bit tired so how can we make this easier in the future? Here are some quick, easy and pretty much painless tips that I have found help me keep my home neat and tidy so I don’t have to dedicate a lot of time every weekend to cleaning up!
Set Yourself Up for Success
- Make your bed – it doesn’t have to be perfect but it really does make a huge difference.
- Right when you walk in the door put your keys, wallet and jacket in the same, designated place so you don’t rush around looking for them in the morning.
- Create a specific place for all of your incoming mail and bills – that way you can place it there and go through it later at night or all at once on the weekend.
- Keep cleaning materials on hand and stocked – check out some easy DIY cleaners here.
- Most importantly – once you are done with something put it away. Immediately. Don’t leave your pants on the floor, towels balled up, dishes strewn across your home or mail piling up.
Tidy As You Go!
- Never leave a room empty handed; rather, always bring out-of-place items with you to put away, this helps you keep each room uncluttered so you don’t have a big pile to go through later.
- Have an extra 5 or 10 minutes? Set a timer and tackle one specific area like your fridge, pantry, entry way or bathroom.
- Do the dishes after you are done using them. I even try to wash dishes while I am cleaning so that I don’t have a huge pile when I’m done eating.
- Clean the kitchen while you cook! Clean up spills, rinse dishes, sweep up crumbs and wipe down the stove.
- When you are done in the bathroom or kitchen always wipe down the sink area with an old cloth.
- At night before you relax do a quick walk through your home and put away items, wipe up any spills or crumbs and essentially “reset” your place for the next day!
Essentially I hope that these useful habits will help you create a clean, stress-free environment where you can grow and learn.Do you have any other quick and easy tips that make your home sparkle every day? If you do, send me a message and I’ll add yours to the list!