Hello everyone! Can you believe it’s already April 21st? I can’t either!
First, to help jump start my brain and warm me up (it’s quite cold and windy outside) I made one of my favorite snacks: Earl Grey Tea with When Pigs Fly Tuscan Wheat bread and super yummy jam. Looks good, huh? Now I can mull over my progress while enjoying a yummy snack.
Over the last month I have set a few lofty Weekly Goals for myself and I figure it’s time for an update…
Spring Clean my apartment: status = complete
- I worked on this over the last two weekends and finally finished on Marathon Monday since I had the day off. I scrubbed my walls, doors, nooks and crannies, cleaned all of my windows, went through my closet and cupboards, under my bed (that was quite the task), cleaned out my pantry, flipped my mattress and now I have 3 big bags to donate to The Epilepsy Foundation filled with clothes. Phew. I am happy that is done!
Make Meditation part of my daily routine; status = in progress
- This one is a lot harder than I expected… it’s not that I don’t enjoy meditating, it’s that I always forget to do it and then, the next day I think, “oh, I forgot to meditate again”.
- To help me remember I have stuck sticky notes in my bedroom and at my office. This way it will be literally reminding me front and center.
Go 10 Miles Per Week; status = modified
- This one has not gone so well, but that’s okay. Honestly, I have found a new, super amazing addition to my workout routine: Sports Conditioning Classes. So my new schedule looks like this:
- Mon: Yoga, Tennis at night
- Tues: Sports Conditioning Class
- Wed: Walk/Run/Elliptical, Tennis at night
- Thur: Sports Conditioning Class
- Fri: Yoga
- Sat: Hiking
- Sun: Biking
Accepting My Flaws; status = going good!
- Now that I have decided to accept my flaws and focus on the areas that I can change and want to change I feel less insecure and more confident in myself and my abilities. I have taught myself to love my thighs and hips as they give my body nice, feminine curves. Not only do I accept my thighs, I love them (well, not all the time, but I’m working on it).
What about you? How are you doing with all of your goals? (Let me know in the comments section below!)
Do you find it harder to keep on track when you’re super busy or stressed?
Personally, it’s extremely helpful to keep my goals posted in plain sight so I have a constant reminder of what I want to accomplish. It’s also very important to relax and not get too worked up when things don’t go as planned. Sometimes it’s just as helpful to put everything on hold for a night and just relax!
You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.
- C.S. Lewis