I used to love having a penpal. I had many different types of penpals and participated in some crazy chain mail back when I was a kid. I had normal penpals that I would exchange letters with and I also had postcard, book and chain mail penpals but I never had a Foodie Penpal… until now!!
Just a few weeks ago I heard about The Lean Green Bean’s awesome Foodie Penpals program and I signed up right away. It seemed like a great idea: I send someone a goodie basket of yummy treats and then someone else sends me one as well so we all get to try new things and “meet” new people. Fun, right?
It is! I received my goodie basket just a couple weeks ago and broke into it immediately, in fact, I didn’t even take a picture of the box, whoops! Anyways, this is what Nicole from Nicole On A Mission sent me:
She did a GREAT job sending me lots of yummy goodies that I have never even heard of before.
The roasted almonds went into my car for snacks on the go along with 1 of the candy bars, I brought the other candy bar, applesauce, peppermints and honey to work with me. They are great goodies to have on hand throughout the work day and I’ve already gone through 1/2 the applesauce which is delicious with a little cinnamon on top. And I loved the all-natural fruit strips! They were great snacks for long meetings and now I am on the hunt to find some in my nearby shops.
Overall, I LOVED all of my goodies! Nicole did a really great job putting together a box full of delicious goodies (thank you Nicole!!!).
Interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal?
In case you’ve never heard of it, this is how the program works:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. *US Residents only please at this time- hopefully we can expand soon!*
If you’re interested in participating for November, please send Lindsey an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your blog name/address
- Your twitter handle (if applicable)
Lindsey will need to hear from you by November 4th as pairings will be emailed on November 5th!