November comes with shorter days, darker nights and cold winds but what can make it better? An awesome basket of goodies from my Foodie PenPal!
This month my pen-pal was Megan from Running Foodie!
I personally love her blog’s casual but informative feel. As a newbie runner myself I look forward to her advice on running and runner’s gear since it’s all so new to me. She recently wrote a great post about Tips for Running in the Dark that is a huge help to me right now! Here’s a little more about her:
My name is Megan! I am a 27-year-old English teacher trying to balance living a healthy and happy life. I live in the Bay Area, California with my husband, Brian. This blog is about our attempts to live a healthier, more balanced life.
I really like that Megan and I both have a very similar philosophy about food: Megan believes “in eating foods that make you feel good. Not “good” in the sense that they are convenient and easy, but really good in the sense that they nourish you and fuel you for the day” which I completely agree with! I love to eat and love to eat delicious food that fills me up and gives me energy.
As you can see Megan sent me a great basket of goodies that are perfect for November!
My favorites: the Christmas Coffee which is amazing and the holiday coffee mug (which I’m drinking out of right now while I type this blog)!
I really like how she had a cookie/holiday theme going with the ready-to-go cookie dough, cookie cutters, super cute gingerbread spatula and the hot mitt (which I desperately needed a new one!).
She also included a couple of her favorites teas which was a nice way to get to know her a little better. By the way Megan – Earl Grey is my favorite too!
I am planning on making the cookies for my upcoming holiday party at work and I have already used everything else and love them
She also had the coolest stationary for my card – it’s from Andy Warhol and is so fun and colorful I loved it.
Overall Megan did a GREAT job and I loved my foodie basket! So thanks Megan!
Now, if you’re curious what I sent to my Foodie Penpal check out Molly’s blog over at Hungry Hungry Runner later today for her re-cap!
Molly’s blog is also about running and second chances. On her About Me page she says:
“All joking aside, HHR is also about second chances. I turned (gulp) 30 this year and realized after getting winded walking up a flight of stairs that running another marathon isn’t going to be in the cards for me unless I get my butt back in gear. I’m all about second chances, and third, fourth and fifth chances for that matter.”
I am LOVING the Foodie Penpal program – it’s such a fun way to meet and connect with new people over something we all love, food!!
So, are ya interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal?
In case you’ve never heard of it, this is how the program works:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. *US Residents only please at this time- hopefully we can expand soon!*
If you’re interested in participating for November, please send Lindsey an email at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your blog name/address
- Your twitter handle (if applicable)
Lindsey will need to hear from you by January 4th as pairings will be emailed in early January!