Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy New Years and Festivus for the Rest-of-us!
Sorry that this did not go up earlier today however I am very busy battling a cold. It’s the Christmas Cold. It comes every year a couple days after presents have been unwrapped, when your body is exhausted and you’ve hugged and kissed your entire family and spent far too much time in shopping malls. Yup, it’s not deadly but it’s definitely annoying.
The good thing that happened today is that I found out I don’t have work on Monday!! I thought I did and just found out that work is closed. Woohoo!!! Essentially that means I get a bonus day since I was expecting to go to work.
Anyways, without further ado here is the awesome Foodie Penpal basket I received from Lisa over at the awesome, inspiring blog, Experience Life With Me: One Day, One Meal, One Mile at a Time!
If you haven’t heard of Lisa before you should definitely check out her blog. She’s become one of my favorite blogs because of how honest, down to Earth and motivated she is – I mean, she’s lost 148 pounds that’s definitely a challenging goal to be proud of, you go girl!
Oh yea, do you want to see what I sent MY foodie pen pal Hannah?! Check it out over at her blog!
Oh yea one more thing… before I start showing off my goods (food goods I mean), I must say that Lisa did a great job considering I told her that I am a Vegetarian/ Vegan that doesn’t consume dairy products. So… here we go!
I love how she packed everything with little notes attached. A+ for packing and thoughtfulness!
These are absolutely amazing! They are meant to go in your salad but I like to snack on them while I’m making dinner. So good and crispy!
You can never go wrong with nuts, especially almonds. I love to chop them up and add them to my Steel Cut Oats!
I LOVE tea too! I drink tea almost every single night and love to try new flavors!
I absolutely love tabouli but have never made it before so I am very excited to mix it up next week for dinner!
I haven’t tried this yet but it’s in my purse for my next busy Saturday when I don’t have the ability to grab lunch! I love Luna and Clif bars for days that I am away from home and don’t have a lot of options for lunch. They are filling and nutritious, which makes them great substitute lunches/snacks!
These are SO delicious! Once again they are great in salads but I prefer to eat them by the handful while I’m making dinner. Best part? Edamame is super good for you! Definitely pick up a bag for yourself if you haven’t tried them yet!
As you can see this month was a slam dunk by Lisa (thanks chica!!!)!
So, are ya interested in becoming a Foodie Penpal?
In case you’ve never heard of it, this is how the program works:
- On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
- You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
- The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
- You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
- Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. *US Residents only please at this time- hopefully we can expand soon!*
If you’re interested in participating for November, please send Lindsey an email at email@example.com and include the following information:
- Your full name
- Your email address
- Your blog name/address
- Your twitter handle (if applicable)
Lindsey will need to hear from you by January 4th as pairings will be emailed in early January!