Wow, I can’t believe it’s already December 15th!
It feels like just yesterday it was Thanksgiving or even the summer time. Now, Christmas is approaching, it’s almost 2012 and it’s definitely winter. Anyways, 15 days ago I decided that this year I was going to have a stress-free, relaxing and balanced December and so far it’s going quite well…
December Goals & Plans Update
Keep working on my novel - Sadly, I haven’t written anything since 11/30 BUT I plan on getting some words in this weekend and still plan on finishing my first draft within a month or so!
Work on an E-Zine book for my Blog - Nope, haven’t worked on this either. Not at all in fact. It’s okay though.
Learn how to use Adobe Illustrator – Once again – not done, will be changed to a January goal.
Replace all of my cleaners with non-toxic - This one I am doing well with and I still hope to switch to all natural cleaners by the end of the year!
Go Rock Climbing - Nope, this has been move to January too! December is just too busy and honestly I don’t have the cash necessary to go rock climbing. However, it is still a big goal of mine and part of my winter training plans!
Get a Massage - I have one scheduled on January 7th!! Yay!
Try more classes at the gym and local Yoga studios - This month I took up Spinning and LOVE it!! Between that and Yoga it’s going to be a great winter.
1. One Coffee per day – Honestly this is going awesome and I don’t even miss having an afternoon latte because I am enjoying other warm and delicious drinks like chai lattes, teas, teccino and even just plain old hot water.
2. Stop Adding Sugars - Going swimmingly!! I went cold turkey as of December 1st and haven’t gone back. Now, I don’t add sugar to my coffee, tea, oatmeal or anything else like I used to and I don’t really miss it. Well, maybe a little. But not enough to bring it back!
3. Five minutes of Yoga everyday - So, I’ve changed this to at least 1 vinyassa a day which is much easier. Sometimes I don’t have 5 whole minutes in the morning but I always have at least 1 minute for a nice vinyassa.
4. Do 10 crunches, 10 squats & 10 push ups every day - Complete fail. Haven’t done this at all LOL Truthfully, I don’t really care though because I am definitely getting stronger and more toned everyday between spinning and yoga!
5. Meditate twice a day - Wow! This one was SO much harder than I expected and unfortunately I haven’t done, not even once. When I get home I’m always so focused on getting a snack, cleaning up the kitchen, changing into comfy clothes that I don’t even think about meditating. Must try harder.
6. Do feet up the wall every night - Same as #5. Fail.
7. MORE CARDIO - Going freaking awesome!!! I am obsessed with Spinning class and love that it really gets my heart going. Seriously I sweat so much in that class and love the burn!
8. Spend time outdoors everyday - Another success! Everyday I walk home from the train. It’s only 0.8 mile and it takes me about 17 minutes but it gives me the chance to breathe in the fresh air and look up at the stars.
9. Stay off my computer for 1 night a week - Hasn’t happened yet but I have BIG hopes for tomorrow night!!
10. Make better lunches for work – Nope. Complete failure. In fact, just yesterday I said my lunch on Tuesday was not good. Anyone have any ideas for Vegan lunches for me?!?
Even though I’m only at 50% for most of my monthly goals I’m okay with that because I am relaxed, happy and balanced so far this month. The last 15 days haven’t been super stressful, frustrating or overwhelming like they can be. Rather, I’ve focused on living in the moment, enjoying the season and just being happy…
Happy that I have such wonderful friends and family members
Happy to be healthy
Happy to have a great job that is rewarding
Happy to feel safe
Happy to have hobbies and passions that make me happy
Happy to be me.
Happy and grateful.
That’s what I am…
Not stressed, not freaking out over Christmas gifts, not worried about every little detail. Just happy and grateful.